This CCPA Privacy Notice describes the types and categories of personal information we collect, the business purposes for which we collect, use and share your personal information, with whom we share it, and your rights in personal information under the CCPA.
For purposes of this CCPA Privacy Notice, we refer to personal information according to the following definition given in the CCPA: “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. Personal information does not include publicly available information, information that is de-identified or aggregate consumer information, or information or rights that are outside the scope of the CCPA.
By accessing our website or social media pages, submitting personal information to us, or purchasing our products or using our online services, you consent to the collection, use, sharing and disclosure of such information as set forth in this CCPA Privacy Notice, as it may be updated from time to time.
What categories of personal information do we collect about you?
- We may collect personal information from you in various ways including:
- when you provide us with information (e.g., through your communications with us by email or telephone or through our Site and our Join Our Rewards program, Sign Up/Set An Account or Sign Up for our newsletter, or on our social media pages);
- when you communicate with us concerning our products;
- purchase one of our products; and
- through automated means when you use our website including by use of “cookies” and other similar tracking technologies.
We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers: this information may include your name and contact details (including mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, IP address, browser identifier, geolocation data and other identifying information you provide to us). For example, we may collect your name and email address when you join our mailing list to receive information on our products.
- Customer Information under California Civil Code §1798.80(e): this information comprises any information that identifies, relates to, describes or is reasonably capable of being associated with you or your household in our records. Examples include your payment related information that we use to charge for our products, including debit or credit card numbers. All debit or credit card transactions are processed by our third-party payment vendors. We do not collect, store or maintain any credit card or debit card information on or through our website after the transaction is processed and verified. Instead, it is transiently collected, shared with and processed through these third-party payment vendors using their platforms. We do not share your credit or debit card information with any vendors, other than our third-party payment vendors. Some personal information in this category may overlap with other categories.
Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law: This includes demographic information, such as age, race, gender or ethnicity, or medical information related to our products, that you may voluntarily provide to us.
- Commercial Information: this category includes information concerning the products you purchased and your purchasing history and tendencies.
- Geolocation data: we may determine your approximate geographic location through your IP address in order to market our products at physical locations, such as retailers, that are nearby to you. Geolocation information is provided to us for use for marketing purposes based on third party marketers and e-commerce platforms that monitor usage of our Site. If you do not want us to collect geolocation data, you may change the settings on your mobile device, which lets you choose how and whether your location is shared with us.
- Inferences drawn from information you provide to create a personal profile concerning your consumer preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes. We may accumulate the information you provide to develop a consumer profile concerning your behavior and interests, including for our marketing and advertising purposes, and to improve our products.
In the past twelve (12) months, depending on the individual circumstances, we have collected the following categories of personal information: Identifiers, Customer Information under section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code, Protected Characteristics, Commercial Information, Internet History, Geolocation Data and Personal Profile.
Our Business Reasons For Collecting And Using Your Personal Information
We collect and use personal information for the legitimate business purposes of BFY, LLC. These purposes include to provide you with products, to fulfill the purpose for which you provided us with your personal information, to communicate with you, to perform on a contract between you and the Company, to market our products to you, to process payment and shipping and for account management, to improve the functionality and effectiveness of our websites, to protect the security of our website, to protect against fraud, and to comply with applicable law, rules or regulations.
Who we share your personal information with
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
In some instances we may retain other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to, web hosting platforms, e-commerce platforms, customer service providers, and shippers. Such third parties may be provided with access to your personal information to perform the functions for which they have been retained. BFY, LLC requires its service providers, who provide services on our behalf (such as our e-commerce platform) to maintain the security of your personal information.
We may also disclose your personal information to third party advertisers and advertising networks.
We may disclose any information, including personal information, we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, to protect ourselves from fraudulent or illegal activity, and to defend against legal claims.
In the past twelve (12) months, depending on the individual circumstances, we have shared the following categories of personal information: Identifiers, Customer Information under section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code, Protected Characteristics, Commercial Information, Internet History, Geolocation Data and Personal Profile with the following types of organizations: service providers and third party businesses.
Your rights regarding your personal information
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you have the following rights in personal information held by us:
- You have the right to request that we disclose the personal information we collect, use, disclose and share. You may request (i) the categories of personal information that we have collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing your personal information; (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information; and (v) the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
- You have the right to receive your personal information in a portable format that allows you to transmit the information to another entity.
- You have the right to request deletion of personal information under certain circumstances. For example, we may not be required to delete personal information if we need to retain the information to complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, perform on a contract with us, or to comply with a legal obligation.
- You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of any of these rights. We will not discriminate against you or refuse to provide you services because you have exercised your rights.
You may submit verifiable requests concerning any of your rights by contacting us by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use reasonable methods for verifying that the person making a request to know, data portability or a request to delete is the individual about whom we have collected personal information. This may involve, depending on the nature of the request, confirming that the email address provided corresponds with our records concerning the individual. Additional reasonable measures may also be required to verify the identity of the person making the request depending on the circumstances. For requests to delete made electronically, you will be required to submit the request to delete, and then separately confirm that you want your personal information deleted. To the extent that you wish to use an authorized agent to make requests concerning the rights set forth above, you will need to provide us either with a power of attorney or, alternatively, with signed authorization to communicate with your authorized agent, and directly confirm that you provided the authorized agent with permission to submit the request.
We will (i) confirm receipt of requests to know, data portability or to delete within 10 business days of the request; and (ii) generally respond to requests to know, data portability or to delete within 45 calendar days of the request. If we need additional time to respond to your request beyond the 45 calendar days, we will provide you with notice explaining the reasons we need more time, and we will then take up to an additional 45 calendar days to respond to your request.
Reasonable Safeguards To Protect Your Personal Information
We are committed to maintaining the security of your personal information in compliance with all applicable laws and our policy. We take commercially reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Access By Persons With Disabilities
Persons with disabilities who need assistance accessing this CCPA Privacy Notice may contact us as provided for above, and depending on your individual needs, the Company will grant reasonable requests to furnish this policy in an alternative format.
Our Site is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to us through the Site. We do not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not access, use or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us. We do not sell any personal information, including the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
California Shine the Light Law/Online Privacy Protection Act
California Civil Code §1798.83 provides that California residents may request certain information concerning the disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Pursuant to California Business Code §§22575-22579, you may review the types of personal information shared with third parties and request changes to any of your personal information that we have collected. Should you wish to request this information or exercise these rights, please reach us at the contact information provided below.
We do not presently respond to Do Not Track requests. We do not control and are not responsible for third party tracking technologies that may be used on our Site. Such third parties may serve you content based on tracking you across different websites. You consent to potentially encountering third party tracking technologies when you use our Site.
Revisions to This CCPA Privacy Notice
We may update this CCPA Privacy Notice at any time, by posting the amended version on this Site including the effective date of the updated version. By accessing the Site or purchasing products after we make any such changes to this CCPA Privacy Notice, you are deemed to have accepted such changes. Please check this CCPA Privacy Notice regularly, and before you submit additional personal information via the Site.
Effective Date: January 28, 2021
Last Updated: January 28, 2021